I am a software developer currently living in the west suburbs of Chicago. I'm a skilled Android developer, having written several apps currently available on Google Play. I'm also an expert in backend systems development with Django/Python, C#/.Net and Java/J2EE. I am first and foremost a problem solver. My strength is taking ideas, building on them, and making them happen.
I grew up in Iowa and I graduated from the University of Iowa in 2007. I've worked as a developer for the University of Iowa Hospitals, State Farm Insurance, KeyLimeTie LLC, Lextech Global Services, and Maestro Health.
I received my Bachelor's degree in Computer Science from the University of Iowa in May 2007.
- Senior software engineer with 14 years of experience in mobile and backend development.
- Skilled Android developer with experience in design, development, and testing of Android apps with several Android apps published on Google Play.
- Expert in system design and architecture for N-tier applications.
- Hard worker with enthusiasm for technology, passion for learning new things, and desire to solve complex problems.
- Adept at translating business problems into software solutions.
- Strong knowledge of proper principles of software architecture such as object-oriented design and unit testing.
- In depth knowledge of database systems as well as performance tuning and query optimization.
- Experience working in an Agile environment, including iterative development and continuous integration.
- Languages: Java, Kotlin, C#, Python, SQL
- Android Libraries: Jetpack, Room, Retrofit, Coil, Hilt, Espresso, Material Design Components
- Web Frameworks: .Net Core, Spring, Django, Django Rest Framework
- Databases: Postgres, SQLite, MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle, DB2
- Source Control: Git, Mercurial, Subversion, ClearCase
- Servers: Apache, Nginx, Tomcat, Websphere, Jetty
- Other: AWS (S3, EC2, Lambda) Hudson, CircleCI, Docker, Maven, JUnit/xUnit, EJB, JMS, Selenium